The Nashville Public Education Foundation’s board of directors has elected a group of prominent Nashville leaders to serve as officers for 2016.
The newly elected board officers are:
- Chairman – Ralph Davis, partner at Cressey & Company
- Vice Chairman – David Williams, vice chancellor for Athletics and University Affairs and athletic director at Vanderbilt University
- Secretary – Ron Corbin, president of RBBC Holdings
- Treasurer – Jimmy Spradley, CEO of Standard Functional Foods Group
- Immediate Past Chair – Greg Burns, president and CEO of Gregory Burns Consulting Group, LLC
“The new officers come during a critical time for the Nashville Public Education Foundation,” said Shannon Hunt, NPEF president and CEO. “The Foundation is ramping up efforts to unite the city behind a set of bold, ambitious efforts to accelerate improvement and lend community support to Nashville’s public schools. This year’s board officers bring experience, energy and personal passion to our mission of improving education in Nashville.”
Davis replaces past chairman Greg Burns, president and CEO of Gregory Burns Consulting Group, LLC.
“Ralph is a longtime member of the Foundation’s board, and I have tremendous confidence in him as chairman,” Burns said. “He is deeply committed to public education and will do a great job leading the board’s vision for the future of our public schools and improvement of public education in Nashville.”
Other board members include: Chuck Denny, Margaret Dolan, Annette Eskind, Jennifer Frist, Howard Gentry, Orrin Ingram, Lewis Lavine, Robert McNeilly III, Byron Trauger, Jerry Williams, Tom Sherrard and Brenda Wynn.
Left to right: David Williams, Ron Corbin, Jimmy Spradley, Greg Burns.